And here they are, the great news you were expecting! We are very excited to announce that the next 9th IWA Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference will take place the 26-27 of October 2021 in Bilbao, Spain. This time, the conference is organized by Olores.org. The IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conferences is one of the worldwide leading odour conferences. These events bring together engineers, scientists, researchers, students, local authorities, managers and other professionals in order to address and discuss emerging odour issues.
During the last meeting of the IWA Specialist Group on "Odours and Volatile Emissions", the committee decided that the city that will host the IWA conference on odours and volatile emissions in 2021 will be Bilbao, Spain. This conference will be organized for the first time by Olores.org. Authors wishing to participate in this conference are invited to submit abstracts by email or online via the official website (not available yet).
Hosted by International Water Association and organized by the website Olores.org, the 9th IWA Odour and VOC/Air Emissions Conference will be held in Euskalduna Bilbao Conference Centre from October 26th to 27th, 2021. Official language in this conference will be English.
This odour conference will be the 6th that we organize from Olores.org and the 9th from IWA. The last conference held by Olores.org in Santiago de Chile last year 2019, hosted 180 participants from 17 countries. This was a unique event full of many interesting papers, posters and many amazing people, and we hope the same success for this next conference.
This will be the first IWA Odour Conference to be held in Bilbao in this series, but the second one in Spain after Barcelona in 2008. After the success of previous events in Australia, Singapore, Spain, Brazil, USA, Poland and China, the organization committee is glad to hold the 9th IWA conference on odours, and we are very happy to welcome you to Bilbao. Our previous events have been a great success, a point of reunion of several experts, and a showcase of new technologies for odour control in water supplies and treatments, and we are looking forward to meeting you again to discuss with you odour management for 2 days.
Official web site of the event
Estimation and evaluation of odour emission in the environment usually involves the assessment of several issues, starting with odour emission through estimation, evaluation and impact. The program of this IWA Conference of Odour & VOC/Air emissions issue these topics and current development in this field and will serve as a reference point for the development of further trends. The topics are as follows:
- Policy and associated regulations for odour and air quality
- Odour/VOC measurement, monitoring&sensor technologies
- Odour/VOC perception, impact, formation and dispersion
- GHG emissions particulate matter and industrial emissions
- Source characterization and odour/VOC mapping
- Odour/VOC abatement, mitigation and neutralization
- Odour/VOC from waste water, sewer systems and livestock
- Air emissions and sustainable solutions for waste handling
- Community engagement, social media and citizen action
All the paper will be peer reviewed by our group of experts of the scientific committee.
Important dates to remember
The call for abstracts is officially open and papers will be dealt in a strictly first-in-first-served based. These are the important dates to remember in this event.
- December 15th, 2020: due date for abstract reception.
- January 15th, 2021: Abstracts acceptance.
- February 7th, 2021: Provisional Program.
- April 1st, 2021: Reception of papers.
- June 7th, 2021: July 7th, 2021: Papers acceptance.
- August 1st, 2021: Reception of corrected papers.
- September 15th, 2021: Final Program.
- October 26th-27th, 2021: 9th IWA Odours Conference.
- From 30th of June to the 25th of October 2021: Registration opened.
Check here the preliminary program.
Put your brand at the heart of the next biggest event about Odour management in the Environment! We are expecting over 250 people for this conference, and we want to invite you to present your company and to take part in this event. Contact us here.
Registration for this conference is online and it is already open. We highly recommend registering well in advance. REGISTER NOW!
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- A successful OLORES19 Conference in Santiago, Chile
- Meeting of the IWA Odours and Volatile Emissions group
- A successful IWA odour and VOC conference in Hangzhou, China
- A successful IWA conference in Warsaw