ICONTEC is a Colombian multinational concerned about sustainable development of organizations in the continent that works since 1963 to promote standardization, conformity assessment, metrology and quality management in Colombia, Central America and South America.
As a National Standardization Body, ICONTEC represents Colombia in international and regional standardization bodies such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the Pan American Standards Commission.
The new norm NTC 5880, Air Quality. Determination of Odour Concentration by Dynamic Olfactometry has been approved the 30th of November 2011 and finally edited and published in December.
This norm defines a method for the objective determination of odour concentration of a gas sample by means of dynamic olfactometry with panellists and velocity of odour emission from point and surface sources both passive and active.
The EN 13725 has been used as a reference document for this Norm.
For more information about this norm or to download it, visit the website of ICONTEC here.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- Approval of the new Chilean norm NCh3190 transposition of the European EN 13725.
- Odour Pollution Project Law presented in the Deputy Chamber of Chile.
- A new Air Regulation in Andalusia, Spain considers “odours” as a pollutant.
- The H4 Odour Management Guidance has been recently revised.
- 4th IWA Conference on Odours and Vocs, Vitoria, Brazil, 17th-21st October 2011.