Odours and Air Emissions – Odours, VOCs, GHGs, and carbon emissions, control techniques, sampling, dispersion, modelling, measurements, strategies, planning and impacts
Biofiltration –Development and fundamental principles of biofilters, biotrickling filters, and other emerging bioreactors for odours, air or gas treatment
4-7 March 2013
San Francisco, USA
Abstract Submission: 7 September 2012
Notification of Acceptance: 9 November 2012
Submit Full Manuscript: 18 January 2013
Final Acceptance (based on full manuscript quality and confirmed registration): 15 February 2013
Conference Programme Publication: 1 March 2013
This is the first IWA Odours and Air Emissions Conference and joint Biofiltration Conference to be held in the United States in this series. Events have previously been held in London, Sydney, Singapore, Barcelona, and Vitoria, Brazil. The Biofiltration conference has been held successfully 9 times over the past 17 years in various global locations. Duke University – Pratt School of Engineering and Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico hosted the 2010 Biofiltration Conference.
This jointly held IWA and Biofiltration conference is a forum for the management of environmental odours, air emissions, Volatile Organic Compounds, and Greenhouse Gases. It will bring together specialist researchers and professionals from a range of sectors, including municipals, consulting, government and non-government agencies, universities, waste management, composters, odour abatement equipment manufacturers, and other industrial and agricultural sectors.
The conference will provide attendees to meet and exchange strategies, planning approaches, operational experiences, advances, innovations, initiatives and results. Expertise in odours, air emissions, sampling, measurement, odour control operations/maintenance, and biofiltration can be exchanged, shared, and developed into innovations and new applications that complement both focus areas.
- Odour management as a community tool for addressing odour perceptions, determining odour nuisance levels, and managing odour impacts
- Odours and air emissions at municipals and industrial wastewater handling, conveyance, and treatment facilities; livestock, land waste application sites, and agricultural operations; composting; and, industrial and waste handling, management, reuse/recycle and processes
- Odour and air emissions sampling and measurements by gas chromatography, electronic noises, hand held devices, and other methods
- Odour and air emissions regulation, planning, and policy developments and sustainability impacts
- Odour and air emissions controls that are viable and sustainable
- Odour and air emissions formation and emission sampling techniques for point, area, combustion, and volume sources
- Odour and air emissions estimation methods, models, and emissions factors and dispersion modelling
- VOCs, GHGs, air toxics, and odorant measurements – chemical sensors, chromatography and other innovative methods
- Odour measurement using Olfactometry methods
- Control techniques for treatment and abatement of odorous, VOCs, air toxics, and GHGs emissions
- Traces of VOCs, GHGs, and sulphur compounds with focus on biogas, exhausts from municipal and industrial wastewater conveyance and treatment, and waste management and composting
- Biofilter, biotrickling filter, bioscrubber, membrane bioreactor, two-phase and other gas-phase bioreactor technologies
- Novel applications: biogas and landfill gas, greenhouse gas mitigation, syngas fermentation, indoor air, biofuels, agricultural application, etc.
- Case studies in VOCs, air toxics and odour control using bioreactors, laboratory and pilot scale evaluation.
- Biofiltration process design and scale-up, process optimization, bioreactor modeling
- Hybrid air or gas biological-chemical or physical technologies
- Biofiltration: microbiological aspects, physiology and metabolism, new species, microbial ecology, novel molecular biology techniques
General Inquiries and Abstract Submission
Authors are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation by email to IWAOdourBiofiltration2013@ch2m.com
Sponsorship and Exhibition Space
Organisations interested in sponsoring this joint conference or participating in the trade and equipment showcase are invited to provide expressions of interest to the organizing committee Organiser: Cari "Cas" Strouse, CMP, CMM Cari.Strouse@ch2m.com
More information? see website here
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- 4th IWA Conference on Odours and Vocs, Vitoria, Brazil, 17th-21st October 2011
- 3rd IWA International Conference on Odours and VOCs – Measurement, Regulation & Control Techniques. 8-10 October 2008 in Barcelona.
- 2nd IWA International Conference on Odour & VOCs: Measurement, Regulation and Control Techniques, Singapore, 14-17 September 2003
- First IWA Conference on Odours: Measurement, Reguation and Control Techniques, The University of NSW, 25-29 March 2001, Sydney, Australia. Proceedings available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org