The 3rd World Congress of the Digital Olfaction Society will be held on December 7-8, 2016 at AP Tokyo Yaesu Dori - Convention Center, Tokyo, Japan. This Congress will gather all experts involved in the field of the olfaction, digital olfaction, electronic noses, olfactive markers and all other fields related to the digital olfaction.
Some important companies, universities and research centers are participating in this event such as Sony Europe, Orchidia Fragrances, Procter & Gamble, SC Johnson, Shimadzu Corporation, Sony Corporation Japan, ScentRealm - Hangzhou Marker Information Technology, Use Electronics, Kao Corporation, IFF International Flavors & Fragrances, Stockolm University, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Alexandria University, Asahikawa Medical University and many others.
Some of the short oral presentations selected for this event are the following:
- Urine can be used for detecting patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis by an electronic nose-based artificial neural network by Ehab Mohamed, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Colorimetric sensor arrays based on chemo-response dyes for food odor visualization by Xiaobo Zou, School of Food & Biological Engineering, Jiangsu University, China.
- Olfactory rehabilitation system to improve ability to smell using olfactory display by Shohei Horiguchi, Keio University, Japan
- Designing smell-enabled training games: early lessons from the Nosewise project by Simon Niedenthal, Malmö University & Stockholm University, Sweden
- Odor source localization strategy using multiple sensor nodes in dynamic turbulent environment by Muis Muhtadi, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Development of cell-based odor sensor with real time lock-in detection by Yuji Sukekawa, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Study of an odor sensing system based on amperometric sensor combined with preconcentrator using saw device by Parthojit Chakraborty, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- The effect of odor on the perception of space by Ryo Wako, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- The evocative role of olfactory display in a library context by Mai Kei Lai, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao
- Electronic nose’s standing point by Junichi Kita, Shimadzu Corporation, Japan
- The first digital scent experience room debuts in Hangzhou, China by Lifen Shen, ScentRealm - Hangzhou Marker Information Technology, China
To know more about this conference and to register for this event visit their DOS website here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- Released the preliminary program of the 3rd World Congress of the Digital Olfaction Society
- New International Congress of the DOS in Tokyo, Japan, 8-9 December 2014
- First World Congress of the Digital Olfaction Society, April 11-12, 2013 – Berlin, Germany
- New congress Olfaction & Issues 2016 in Milano, Italy, May 23-24, 2016.
- Tokyo will host the 3rd Digital Olfaction Society World Congress the 7th and 8th of December 2016