This course organized by the Clean Air Society of Australia & New Zealand will take place in Auckland, New Zealand and will provide training in odour science, regulation, management and control. Case studies and practical demonstrations of modelling software and sampling equipment will be used to illustrate applications and supplement lectures and discussion forum.
The presenters of this course will be Jenny Barclay (independent Air Quality Consultant, Auckland), Paul Baynham (AirQuality Limited, Auckland) and Ian Evanson (MWH Global, Sydney).
Check more information about this course here:
Course attendees can choose to attend the 3 day course or any two or single days. This is the basic layout of the course:
Day 1 – Odour Science and Regulation
- Odour perception
- Physiology, psychology and community involvement
- Regulatory criteria
- Measurement – source sampling and field investigations
- Workshop – practical demonstration of sampling equipment for odour
Day 2 – Odour Science and Regulation (cont)
- Community consultation
- Odour surveys
- Odour management plans and responding to odour complaints
- Dispersion modelling, assessment and analysis
- Workshop – practical demonstration of a dispersion model for odour
Day 3 – Odour Management and Control
- Biological odour control
- Wet chemical systems
- Activated carbon
- Other technologies
- Case studies
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- 2013 CASANZ Conference. Odour Special Interest Group Workshop
- CALPUFF training course organized by CASANZ
- CALPUFF and Odours Training Course Insights
- Australian Odour and Emissions Conference in Sydney 4-6 December 2012.
- Successful First International Seminar on Environmental Odour Management in Santiago, Chile