Olfaction, a topic of interest in several scientific fields, has gradually become a topic of the future. Following the latest advances in the Research related to olfaction, the challenge is to tranfer this knowledge towards innovative technology.
Nowadays, there is no way to escape the digital world whatsoever when using a computer, a mobile phone or even means of transportation. Hearing, vision, touch are currently an integral part of numerous electronic devices which we use on a daily basis. Then, how about digitizing smells? This complex concept aims at turning any odorous source into a digital media which can be applied to our lifestyle.
The objective of the Digital Olfaction Society (DOS) is to gather, share, and complete the knowledge recently established about olfactory digitization, to build up constructive links between leading researchers and industrialists in order to set up appropriate strategies in order to implement Research & Development through practical applications with a high impact on our lifestyle thanks to the potential of olfactory digitization.
The aim of the first Digital Olfaction Society World Congress 2013 is to discuss:
- The advances of digital olfaction Research & Development
- The practical applications of digital olfaction
- The impact of these applications on our life and lifestyle
For more information you can visit the website of the event by clicking here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- The 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems will take place in Barcelona, Spain the 16th of June 2013
- ISOEN 2013, 15th International Symposium on olfaction and Electronic Nose. July 2-5, 2013 in Daegu, Korea
- IMCS 2012 - The 14th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors will take place the 20-23 May 2012 in Nürnberg/Nuremberg, Germany
- ISOEN 2011 - International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose