The Standard Test Method for Sensory Analysis—Triangle Test has been recently revised and published. This standard covers a procedure for determining whether a perceptible sensory difference exists between samples of two products.
The ASTM Committee E18 on Sensory Evaluation of Materials and Products has recently published the revision of the ASTM E1885-18. This is a minor update that involves the inclusion of conversion tables between proportion of discriminators and Thurstonian delta values. The rest of the text remains as is.
More info about this standard here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- Some new ASTM Standards approved in December 2017
- The New Standard ASTM WK60885 for Sensory Evaluation of Small Devices
- New Approved ASTM Standards for sensory evaluation of food and beverage
- How a European Standard about odours was born in 1991
- The ASTM Committee E18 on Sensory Evaluation will be holding a new meeting in New Orleans, LA US