Due to the tragic events that occurred last night in Paris and the corresponding security measures currently in place in France, the 6th IWA Conference focusing on odour management in the environment has been finally cancelled.
The organization of the event has apologized for the inconvenience to the attendants of the event and they has committed to publish the papers and presentations in a format to be defined in the near future.
The organization of the event is waiting for IWA's decision regarding a possible deferment of the event to this date.The event is cancelled however the attendees will be contacted if a new date is finally chosen.
The organization also informs that given the difficult circumstances surrounding this cancellation, they are currently investigating possible options regarding the reimbursement of conference registration fees. They also suggest that you contact your financial institution to determine whether such conditions may be covered by the various cancellation insurance plans associated with many payment card benefits.
The organization of the event do not have insurance for the travel expenses of the attendees and invites to the people attending this event to contact to their bank for these refunds too.
Finally, the organizing committee sincerely regrets the fact that the conference was cancelled and wants to comunicate that they are placing all their efforts to identify a suitable solution at the earliest possible convenience.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- 6th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference, Paris 16-18 November 2015
- 5th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference Jointly Held With 10th Conference on Biofiltration for Air Pollution Control. March 4 – 7, 2013, San Francisco, California, USA
- 4th IWA Conference on Odours and Vocs, Vitoria, Brazil, 17th-21st October 2011
- 3rd IWA International Conference on Odours and VOCs – Measurement, Regulation & Control Techniques. 8-10 October 2008 in Barcelona.
- 2nd IWA International Conference on Odour & VOCs: Measurement, Regulation and Control Techniques, Singapore, 14-17 September 2003
- First IWA Conference on Odours: Measurement, Reguation and Control Techniques, The University of NSW, 25-29 March 2001, Sydney, Australia. Proceedings available by contacting